In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Monday, November 30, 2015

Back online!

Thanks to the Genius at the Apple Store, the Mac is back!

However, when you're basically unplugged from the universe--fighting with the tablet does not count--it is amazing what you can accomplish.

The halls are decked.  Except for the tree, but we get a formerly live one and will wait until we get back from Williamsburg to get it. For some strange reason, we think it's a bad idea to go off and leave a tree unwatered for almost a week.

The last of my Barbara Jackson Williamsburg ornaments is stitched.


Finishing is needed, but since we don't have the tree yet, it can wait until we get home.

I finally finished the stitching part of Chrysanthemum in Autumn.


I have no idea why I was dreading the base of the flowers so much, but the day after Thanksgiving I gave myself a stern talking-to, sat down and did them.

I should have dreaded the monogram that goes on the lid. Why cross stitch over one thread seems to take so long I do not understand, but I thought it would never, ever end.

So now this goes into the finishing basket.

And I've almost finished the leaves on the garland which will be in the tray that fits in the box that goes with Merry Cox's Young Lady's Workbox.


There are a lot of leaves. A lot of them. Many, many leaves . . .

Now I'm trying to decide what project to pack for my expedition to Williamsburg. Keep in mind that I am taking three classes. Remember that there is a boutique.

But I will be there for parts of two days before the first class or the opening of the boutique and I might have a minute or two for stitching. . . it's amazing what can be rationalized . . .and, besides, I need to get my stitching supplies together tonight.

I'll decide on clothes later.

No comments:

Post a Comment