In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Friday, July 31, 2015

Twigs and sprigs, beads and spangles

I finally managed to finish the stitching part of the Fair Maiden Needle Roll, which will accompany the Fair Maiden Etui.


Which, of course, means that I will need to put it together.

But not tomorrow. I've decided that tomorrow is going to be a stitching day. I plan to hit the Farmers' Market early, then plop myself into the wing chair, thread up a needle, and spend the day making little tiny stitches. Eve in the Garden is the design I plan to work on since I've been thinking of diving back into the 17th century.

A big part of that decision is based on the fact that the last class in the Cabinet of Curiosities class has been posted. Reading over the class notes for the last three years and looking at the design possibilities and organizing the threads are all making me eager to start. I'd like to spend at least one day each week-end working on both the projects that lead up to the casket and to the casket itself.

And the other day I'll continue to work on finish-finishing.

And in between I'll work on everything else.

I need 48 hours in every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment