In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Saturday, July 4, 2015

Happy Fourth!

The neighborhood has erupted with fireworks in celebration, but here at the Fuddy Duddy residence, we're watching a documentary on the Revolution in the air conditioning.

And today I declared a day of Independence from finishing and pulled Eve in the Garden out of her pillowcase.


I think I need to alternate finishing with stitching, although I have made great progress during the long week-end on Fair Maiden.  This is where she stands now.


I still have to stitch the spangles on the lid so it can be finished, and I have more twisted cords and a handful of tassels to construct.  The big hole in the middle of this is going to have a drawer that will pull in and out. I think I'm going to make a prototype out of scrap fabric and cardboard to make sure I have the right fit before I cut the silk and do anything that can't be undone.

I also need to sew ribbons together to make the handle, but that is a task for yet another day.  I hope that, by taking the steps slowly and thinking them through and giving myself a lot of time to work on each stage, I will be happier with the overall appearance of my finishing.

Or I could stop trying to be such a perfectionist.

Dearly Beloved just said that will happen when I'm no longer in this world.

1 comment: