In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Good Mail Day

It was a good mail day--a book I've been waiting for arrived.


This is a compilation of the books Kay and Michael Dennis have written about contemporary stumpwork.  I've been studying 17th century stumpwork through the Cabinet of Curiosities online class, and that style is the one I want to use when I embroider my first casket. My second casket, though, is going to have a more contemporary look, and I really like the way Kay Dennis stitches figures.

As if I really need a reason to add to my needlework library!

1 comment:

  1. Oh I didn't know about the book, going to have to look out for it as it does look interesting. I only have the RSN one which covers the basic stitches. I enjoyed the butterfly stumpwork class I did last year and would love to do more stumpwork. X

    ReplyDelete