In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Saturday, February 1, 2014

Back in the habit

For the last couple of weeks I've been out of the habit of both stitching and blogging. This must stop immediately. I have missed both.

I will say it's hard to string two thoughts together after working a ten-hour day but I am going to do my best--that work schedule is going to last for another couple of weeks at least so I may as well  figure out how to deal with it.

Anyway, I had planned to do a lot of needlework both last night and today. Best laid plans, which will be rectified immediately.

I am straying a little away from the Overly Ambitious list for a bit. SNS recently offered Barbara Jackson's Sweet Heart of Mine set as an online class. Oh, said I, that's in my stash. I took that class last year at the last Jeannine's Gathering of Embroiderers that offered classes. And seeing it again, with the colors and motifs that I love and that Barbara puts together so well, started me thinking about it. Then, I needed to have a small piece that will travel easily since I have an upcoming week-end with Baby Girl. So out it came.

Plus it's February and the design has a heart in the middle so I can justify it as a Valentine.

When it comes to needlework, there is no one who can rationalize as well as I.

 
This is all I got done in class last year. We spent a lot of time in class basting so I didn't get to do as much of the pretty stuff then. Now I can enjoy doing the pretty stuff. And I am. Starting now..



3 comments:

  1. Glad you have your stitching mojo back--we'll all enjoy the end result!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes we just have to make time for those things that keep us sane! I too am getting ready to work on a B. Jackson piece, the Irish Stitch Sampler. I'll be thinking of you as I work those stitches!! Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. I a close 2nd in rationalizing, so I can follow your reasoning very well It all sounds perfect :P

    ReplyDelete