In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Parallel worlds . . .

Last night I had a very weird dream. I dreamed I was stitching with a very strange needle with a wooden handle.

I woke up, thought about it for a minute, and realized it was a tambour needle. Huh, I said, and rolled over and went back to sleep.

Then I was cruising the innerwebs and Mary Corbet posted about tambour embroidery today.

(Cue Twilight Zone music.)

Was this a sign I should shake off the loss of mojo by taking up tambour?

Uh . . . .no.

I had a very dear friend who used to sweep me up and carry me off into all sorts of esoteric forms of embroidery, and she decided we should try tambour embroidery. We did. Neither of us felt it was something we really needed to pursue. Therefore, I continue to look for something else to shake me out of the doldrums.

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm... I have no interest in trying tambour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you make needle shakers like canstastas and dance around your stitching chair in a toga? That might work!

    ReplyDelete