In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Rebecah is in time out

Rebecah French is back in the basket for tonight since apparently I cannot count to four if an alphabet is involved.  When you stitch in and then frog out the same letter three times, somebody is trying to tell you something.

I thought about blaming the heat--we hit 100 today--but I was at work all day.  My corner of the office could serve as a meat locker--you could hang a side of beef there with no problems.  Actually, walking out into the furnace was quite pleasant this afternoon!

Anyway, tonight, I am stitching the soft, soothing colors of Ann Wheatley. I'm using NPI on 40 count linen--and so far, not a stitch has been set amiss.  At least, not that I can tell--of course, if there are stitches set amiss, it won't be the first time I haven't noticed until a day or so later.

Ann

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes you just need to put your stitching down because nothing you put in is right! I hate those times.
    Maybe tomorrow you an Rececah can make up and have some quality time?
    Stay cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stitcher's block can e frustrating but switching to another project is often a good solution. Looking forward to progress photos of noth samplers.

    ReplyDelete