In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Thursday, February 15, 2024

Real Life

When I retired, I thought I would spend the whole day, every day, with needle in my hand.

HA!

This past week, I have had my own doctor's appointment and accompanied Dearly Beloved to two of his. DBE had car issues, so I have transported her back and forth and back again, from one garage to the service department at the dealership to home to work, etc. Luckily her car is now repaired (I hope).  And we know what's going on with Dearly Beloved and can move forward with a plan.

However, in the minutes between medical people and car people, I have managed to finish Flowers & Berries. (Keep in mind I thought I would get it all done on Saturday afternoon and this is now Thursday.)

After a trip to the grocery store this afternoon, I may, quite possibly, have a couple of days I can stitch.

But I am not planning on it.

4 comments:

  1. I sooo know what you mean! I thought I would have so much time when I was retired! Now all my time is spent on medical appointments, and time consuming, unproductive errands!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW it's looking fantastic .
    Yes we have had a few months the same , nothing seems to go right at the moment , One thing after another .
    Roll on Spring , hugs June.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Flowers & Berries looks incredible, Ann. I know I thought that about retirement. I will say, some weeks are better than others. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Flowers looks amazing, Ann. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete