In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Thursday, February 22, 2024

Frustration

I am never, ever going to make plans when it comes to my stitching again.

Never. Ever.

I was going to post daily progress. That assumes that some needlework is accomplished every day.

Unless, of course, being a major klutz gets in the way.

I was carrying laundry upstairs and caught my toe on the edge of the first step. I fell up the stairs, which is better, I suppose, than falling down the stairs, but it meant I twisted my back, whacked my right shoulder on the stair rail, and came down on my left wrist, bending it slightly more than it should perhaps be bent. Nothing is broken or sprained,  just twisted, bruised, and sore, but twisted, bruised, and sore enough to make plying a needle uncomfortable. I was out of commission for a couple of days.

I finally felt like threading a needle, and I finished the one tiny border I had been working on. If you look very, very closely, you may be able to see it.


 I am leaving on Saturday for a week of stitching with my friends in Williamsburg. BDE is going, too, so it's very definitely a girls' week. Tomorrow I pack, and decide what projects I want to take.

But no plans, or goals, or decisions about the future of each project will be made.

I may have learned my lesson.

4 comments:

  1. Love your progress on your stitching .
    Sorry you had a fall , I also fell out of the car on slippy grass , no broken bones not even a mark , so someone was looking down on me thank goodness.
    Have a great week , hugs June.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carmen is looking good. Sorry about your bodily injuries from your fall up the stairs. Have a wonderful week in Williamsburg!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great time in Williamsburg. It is always fun to see what you do. Hope you are feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry about your fall...hope you're feeling much better by now. Fun to see you at the ENG meeting. Have a great time in Williamsburg. I'd drive over to visit you, but am leaving Tuesday for Nashville!

    ReplyDelete