In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Tuesday, October 17, 2023

Getting back in the habit

Once you get out of the habit of blogging--and, unlike many other habits, it doesn't take much--it's hard to get back. And my blogging, thus far this year, has been negligible.

I really need to blog so I can remember what I've stitched, where and when I obtained the project, and when I've finished it. And the reason for this? As I've organized my stash, I have found several things that I liked so much I bought them twice. I've also found a couple of things that I don't remember starting, but there are stitches in them.

I suppose, when you consider that I've been stitching and stash building for over sixty years--and, yes, I was very young when I started stitching--this is not a surprise, but I really do need to keep a record for my feeble mind.

So I need to get back in the habit of regular, consistent blogging. For myself, even if readers have moved on to other platforms. 

The last pocket for the Eternal Flame Huswif has been stitched.

It turns out that the yellow background stitch worked out really well--the piece looks like it's been quilted, and I really like it. 

This has NOT gone into a finishing basket. It is sitting on the edge of my worktable. I am going to try to establish another good habit--assemble the damn project as soon as I finish the damn project!

I can procrastinate a little today, though. My online class is this afternoon, and I'd like to stitch the motifs today, after the class session ends.  That's another new habit I'm trying for--if I'm taking a class, keep up with the lessons.

I had also thought about making a New Year's resolution this year--to get everything in one of the finishing baskets assembled--but that may be too much to hope for, given my track record with stitching resolutions. We'll just see how well I can manage to keep up with establishing new habits.

 

2 comments:

  1. I agree, Ann...blogging keeps me on point with my stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The yellow really pulls this pocket together. Well done! If you blog, I'll be here to read!

    ReplyDelete