I've spent the morning working on the layers on my blossom for the Tudor project.
I've also stabbed myself repeatedly with the sharp needle.
And the carpet is now adorned with a multitude of tiny metal chips.
The center of the flower is made by cutting gold check purl (it's a metal thread) into teeny short pieces, then treating them like little beads and stitching them randomly in the specified location. I had cut a bunch of chips because no matter how many you think you've cut, you always need more.
I was setting the velvet board that held the chips on the edge of the frame so it would be easy to access. With my usual grace, somehow I flipped the edge of the velvet board, which landed top down on the carpet after sending a cascade of chips into the air. As it is almost impossible to pick the chips up, I cut more and stitched them in the center.
After all this, I think I should do something else for awhile. I had hoped to stitch the metal edging to outline the petals before I stopped, but I do not believe that would be wise.