In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Tuesday, October 12, 2021

Adulting

We had to be adults this morning.

There was a trip to the bank. We got our flu shots. Groceries were purchased. Apparently, in each place, we were in the wrong line, so everything took much longer than anticipated. However, we are retired. All we have is time.

I did get another layer on the Tudor flower after lunch.


 This plate is actually silver, although it looks like gold in the photo. One of the things I've learned in this class is that silver and gold plate add quite a lot of metal sheen to a project, but that it's not my very favorite metal to use.  I have several more projects that require it, but after that, I believe I will drop it from my repertoire.

Last night, I did work on the Christmas is Coming Etui, and got this far when my eyes crossed and the yawns threatened to crack my jaw. I really didn't pay a lot of attention to where I stopped counting.

 
This morning I had to laugh. I have a headless Christmas tree deliverer. If I stitched for Halloween, I could see doing this again and stitching pumpkins in the wagon. Anyway, tonight I'll give him a head and hopefully some human companions.

On a previous topic, a friend asked me why I was trying to organize and schedule stitching again, and I finally figured out exactly why. 

I keep finding projects in my stash that I want to stitch, and I've brought them downstairs so they'll be at hand. I've also added new things to my stash, as well as finished the stitching for smalls that now need to be assembled. And it's all in my corner of the living room.

The moment I realized it might be out of control was the moment that Dearly Beloved asked if I were building a fort around the wing chair. Much more, he said, and he wouldn't be able to see the top of my head over the piles and baskets.

He exaggerates.

But that's when it occurred to me that I need to have a plan, so I do.


2 comments:

  1. My husband made pretty much the same comment about my stitching area. So, I cleaned it up (or so I thought). He couldn’t tell the difference. Apparently I also need a plan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good progress again.
    Oh my hubby gets mad with me to , I have a bag full of stitching
    that grows by the day . If he says something I find a new hiding place , then it goes back to my first place bit by bit Ha .
    We had our shots Saturday to, they are saying flu will be bad this year.
    Well the sun is still shining here , so may do more gardening this afternoon.
    Enjoy your day .

    ReplyDelete