In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Saturday, October 30, 2021

Busy, busy, busy

 For a lady of leisure, I had a lot of things going on this week, which meant I either had a few minutes to stitch or time to blog.

I opted for stitching.

And all the bits for Christmas is Coming are now stitched.


The minute the last stitch was placed, did I start assembling the set? No, I did not. I put another row of leaves in Carmen's Etui.

And this is what I'm going to continue working on today. The pile of finishing grows ever higher, and I am sticking my fingers in my ears and singing "La, la, la" very loudly so I don't hear those projects calling me.

It didn't help when I unearthed another tote bag with a bunch of smalls in it that need to be put together. Actually, there are nine more projects in that bag. When I travelled for work, I would take several small kits with me to work on in my hotel room in the evenings. Some of the pieces come from those trips, others just appealed at the time and were stitched and added to the tote bag. 

This makes at least fifteen projects at hand to put together. This doesn't include the other finishing basket upstairs--I'm afraid to look in it to see what's there.

The responsible part of me keeps saying I should take a couple of weeks and do nothing but sew things together. The bratty part of me stomps her foot and says "I don't wanna."

Right now the brat is winning.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely stitching again.
    But I know what you mean I have a big basket full .
    I am trying to make a finish each week if I can .
    Have a great Sunday .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so agree on the hard time finishing....actually reading blogs now right in the middle of finishing! Maybe do one day a week, I'm certainly hoping to get better at finishing days myself. Looking forward to seeing your finishes though...what a treasure you found.

    ReplyDelete