In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Monday, February 22, 2021

a little distracting

 The mail carrier dropped off a distraction:

So this is on the outside of the box. It's one of Margaret Light's projects from her new book that Inspirations published at the end of last year.

So, I opened the box and dumped out the threads, and, oh, my, such lovely colors.

It's hard to tell, but there are some beautiful overdyed threads, as well as the more muted, solid colors.

But I am persevering with my assembly of Emie's Etui. This is what I plan to view for the rest of the day:

At the moment, I'm sewing a red silk lining on the back of part of the etui. It's a good thing that it's red; I have left some DNA on it. I should not be allowed to use a sharp needle without supervision. Actually, I'm not sure supervision would make any difference.

If I can get all the linings done before I go to bed tonight, I will just have the band that holds the etui closed to assemble tomorrow.

This may, however, mean that I go to bed around 5 a.m. I need to stop drooling over the Tree of Life threads and get back to work.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! They are pretty colours for your new project and good luck with finishing your Etui.

    ReplyDelete