In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Saturday, May 25, 2019

Stitching away

I found that the most comfortable way to function while my back was getting back to normal--and it is, almost--is to sit with my legs propped up and a cushion against the small of my back.

This happens to be my regular stitching position as well.

So I've been stitching--it worked out to about two hours almost every evening this week.

And I got the rest of the first panel of Pineapple Perfection finished:


The first panel of the accordion pocket piece from Tsubaki is stitched:


And the tent stitch part for the first of the acorn accessories from the Master Goldwork class is done:



I have three wonderful days to do what I want. We've already been to the farmers' market this morning (strawberries, blueberries, summer squash, and cucumbers), the laundry is swishing away, and, with temperatures supposed to be in the mid-nineties for the next few days, we are not going outside again until Tuesday.

I could start on the back panel of Pineapple Perfection, or do another panel on Tsubaki, or fill in the Goldwork parts on any of the master class projects I have started.  Instead, I do believe I'm going to pull out the winter casket toys as see if I can get the last piece embroidered.

I think I could get used to stitching without a goal or a deadline or a plan.

1 comment:

  1. Hope your back is feeling much better! Your needle and thread have been busy. Well done on your accomplishments!

    ReplyDelete