In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Monday, May 27, 2019

More gold

I think the word for the year is gold.


I've been couching down a very fine gold thread for the last couple of days. This is one of Amy Mitten's Winter Casket Toys.

When I got that finished, I worked on something not-gold.


I started on the middle panel of Pineapple Perfection.

I'm trying to decide what I want to work on this afternoon between sessions in the kitchen. I'm putting together a few things today so lunches and dinners will be a little quicker to get on the table for the rest of the week. I used to do this all the time and I'm trying to get back in the habit.

Anyway, I need to work on something I can pick up and put down fairly easily between peeling potatoes for potato salad and browning hamburger for hot dog chili and checking on the progress of the turkey breast. I made blueberry muffins this morning--from scratch, I'll have you know--so part of breakfast is also taken care of.

Maybe I am turning into a domestic diva in my old age!


2 comments:

  1. Both pieces are looking fabulous. Good for you on meal prepping for the coming week! I hope you have an enjoyable week.

    ReplyDelete