In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Saturday, March 16, 2019

Annual Rant

It is time for my annual I-Hate-Daylight-Savings-Time rant.

I'm delighted to have sunlight--mainly because we've had way too many gray, gloomy days this winter. However, I am not delighted to have to get up in pitch black dark again to get to work on time. I'm sure parents having to get their children up and out for school are feeling the same. And I have noticed that people have been crankier and more ill-tempered this week than usual, probably due to changes in schedule.

One of my coworkers says that the crankiness and irritability are due to Mercury being in retrograde. I think Mercury has been dealing with DST, too, and that's why he went into retrograde.

Anyway, with my internal and external schedules all discombobulated, the most advanced stitching I've been able to accomplish involves little blocks of tent stitch. Lots of little blocks of tent stitch. But that means that I have all the background for the goldwork done for the Tudor Pin Cushion.


All the blank bits will be filled in with gold work techniques, and most of them are stitches that I have yet to do on the Spot Sampler project. So . . . this week-end, I'm going to pull out the sampler again and see if I can get a few of those stitches practiced before tackling them on the pin cushion.


2 comments:

  1. Your pincushion top looks great. I am not a fan of the time change. I wish they would pick one or the other and leave the clocks alone. Enjoy your Sunday and the coming week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spring time change is awful! Takes me a week or more to adjust - everything just feels wrong. Bleah.

    Really liking the look of your pincushion now - will be stunning once the goldwork's done.

    ReplyDelete