In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Saturday, June 9, 2018

Day Three: And the Rains Came*

On the second day of class, we practiced spiral trellis:


And that is mine.

We also went over the rest of the stitching and finishing directions, and Betsy demonstrated her cording and tassel making techniques.

And then class was over.

I hated to see it end. There isn't anything better than a face-to-face class, and I always enjoy Betsy's classes. I know she's ready to retire but I don't think any of her faithful followers are. It sounds like we have a couple more years before she stops teaching and starts working on her stash.  She has her teaching schedule on her blog so there are opportunities before she retires.  I plant to take advantage of those opportunities.

******************************************************************************************

I looked at the weather forecast for Ocean City early in the week, and there was some mention of lower temps and the possibility of rain for Sunday. "OK," said I, "No big deal. Throw the umbrella in the car."

HA!

The temps dropped into the 50's and the rains poured and it looked like a gale blowing outside.

I didn't have a windbreaker. I didn't even have a sweater. I had sandals but no real shoes.

I got a little damp and a little chilly. I survived. I also took a nap after class, partly to get warm again.

I have learned my lesson and will bring storm gear from now on. Even in June.

2 comments:

  1. 50's and windy rainy - sounds like sweatshirt weather. Your spiral trellis looks perfect - the swirl is quite clear (beautiful thread).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your spiral trellis looks great; I always seem to have issues with those, but have never had Betsy teach it. As for the rain, I hope you didn't have to drive home in it; it made for a long, miserable drive home for me Sunday from PA.

    ReplyDelete