So, I used one ornament for each step in the process, which meant I had four semi-finished ornaments hanging around.
Yesterday I didn't have enough functioning brain cells to do anything complicated but my hands needed to do something while I recuperated from the previous day's disorder.
And that is how this group of ornaments were finished:
I thought I might do some more finish-finishing tonight, but I started thinking about samplers when I went on my after-work walk around the neighborhood.
So Frances Burwell is out of her pillowcase and going to get her turn in the rotation.
We'll see if I can remember how to stitch reversibly.