In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Monday, May 21, 2018

Christmas in May


Last month I did the program for the local EGA chapter. It was my quick-and-easy way to put Christmas ornaments together. I had a stack of them from three years ago, Barbara Jackson designs I bought at Haus Tirol in Williamsburg. As usual, I stitched them, got to the finish-finishing point, and then  . . . wandered off to do something else.

So, I used one ornament for each step in the process, which meant I had four semi-finished ornaments hanging around.

Yesterday I didn't have enough functioning brain cells to do anything complicated but my hands needed to do something while I recuperated from the previous day's disorder.

And that is how this group of ornaments were finished:


I thought I might do some more finish-finishing tonight, but I started thinking about samplers when I went on my after-work walk around the neighborhood.

So Frances Burwell is out of her pillowcase and going to get her turn in the rotation.

We'll see if I can remember how to stitch reversibly.

3 comments:

  1. Your ornaments are lovely. Good for you in getting them all out of the stages into fully being finished!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ornaments are wonderful...sometimes stitching on a "winter" themed project can put you in the mood for cooler temps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your ornaments look lovely! Clever you, using your presentation to get them going.

    Frances is going to be gorgeous, such a pretty sampler - will look forward to progress pictures.

    ReplyDelete