In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Saturday, May 26, 2018

Teeny tiny basket


I started the first motif on the needle roll for Frangrant Fragaria last night. I was beginning to think I'd never get to do any embroidery all week.

I did work on Frances Burwell for a little bit Monday night. I got a row of Montenegrin stitch worked across the sampler. Since all you'd see is a thin blue line, I didn't photograph that.

Tuesday I mounted the gauze on muslin so I could start stitching this project. That took all evening.

Wednesday was our EGA chapter meeting. We had a lecture on Contemporary Embroidery. I have no problems with the topic--an art has to evolve or it dies. I had a little problem with the attitude of the presenter. For me, needlework is a passion. It doesn't have to be a crusade for it to have value.

Thursday night was bill-paying/checkbook-balancing/budgeting. I really hate adult-ing.

And then we finally reached Friday.

I had a very early morning. I woke up at 3:30 a.m. and could not go back to sleep--so I went to work drowsy. We had a storm system move through during the night and the power was off in the building . . . so there was a four-flight trudge to my floor. The wonky knees and Achilles tendon were not happy with that. Then the lights came back on, and apparently the power surge knocked out the AC system. Nobody was happy with that.

Between the short night and the heat and humidity in the building, I was about to faceplant into my keyboard. So, despite the fact that I have been diligently working to reduce the amount of caffeine in my intake (I need a wee bit more blood in my caffeine stream), I hit up the drink machine. It woke me up--way too much. Can you say buzz?

So that is how I could come home and stitch a tiny basket on 40 count silk gauze. In no time at all.

With a three-day week-end, I could stay with this. Or I could do what I've been thinking about for several weeks. I could get the rest of the embroidery done--if I'm very industrious--on the Winter Casket Toys.

Or I could alternate, depending on mood and inclination. I think I'll do that.




3 comments:

  1. Isn't it nice to have options? Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tiny basket looks good. I am all for options so I think you should do what makes you happiest. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear, sounds like you had an absolutely lousy week. Glad you were able to work on your basket - it's lovely!

    ReplyDelete