In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Sunday, December 24, 2017

Stay-cation Day 2

We basically had our Christmas celebration today. Baby Girl is here, The Saint arrived in time for the midday feast, we exchanged gifts, and ate ourselves silly. Actually, we have only a few cookies and a chunk of of Roast Beast left.

After everyone collapsed into a carb coma, I stitched.


At the moment, it looks as if our happy couple is out in the woods with their little dog, searching for the perfect tree, and it appears that they have found it. Tomorrow I hope to change the scene so that you will see them decorating said perfect tree.

I cannot tell you how much I'm looking forward to the coming week. Baby Girl gave me the first season of Victoria on DVD, so I have something to binge-watch as I stitch. I have a couple of new books to read and plenty of projects to poke a needle into. If the weather will cooperate, I hope to get back into the habit of a daily walk, even if I have to wear the Big Boot. And, if I can, I hope to sleep in a few mornings. I was almost tempted to set the clock for the pleasure of turning it off and turning over to go back to sleep.

I decided that was a really terrible idea, so I'm not going to do it. However, I am heading to bed in the next few minutes with one of the new books. And if I want to stay up all night reading, I can.

This is my idea of the perfect vacation.

1 comment: