In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Laying Bricks

We have reached the stage in construction in which we are laying bricks.


This is a quite unusual brick pattern, with very light, creamy bricks alternating with brick-colored bricks.

It's made me wonder--was this Mary's house? Or was it one she admired? And I wonder if the brick pattern could give a hint as to where Mary lived. It's going to be quite a stately house, high on a hill with a fancy fence around it and flowering trees adorning the property. And there will be a carriage driving toward it before this is all over.

But tonight I need to see if I can get the third bin of ornaments on the tree--or if I can persuade myself that there's enough and more would be gilding the lily.

Or overburdening the tree.

1 comment:

  1. Ooooh, this is a very interesting house!

    So ... did you put more ornaments on the tree or let it stay as it was? I tend to be of the there's-always-room-for-a-few-more camp myself. ;)

    ReplyDelete