In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Thursday, June 16, 2016

Slow Stitching

I had hoped that, by the time I was able to post again, I would have this band completed.


Not so much.

It takes a long, long time to cross stitch over one. A long, long time.

I had thought I would have enough time before the workshop to have all five bands filled in. I still have about three weeks, so I could potentially do that. If I give up sleeping.  And all social activities. And what little housekeeping I do to avoid a visit from the health department. And quit my job, which would then mean I couldn't afford to go to the workshop in the first place.

Once again, I have to accept that I don't stitch nearly as fast as I think I can--or maybe I'm just slowing down with my increasing age and decrepitude.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, Ann! I know just what you mean. I always underestimate, by a long time, how long I think something will take to stitch. It's due to my decrepitude, also, I think. LOL! No matter how fast or slow, your stitching is beautiful and it will eventually get done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Just beautiful! I am so jealous. I would love to be able to do this project.

    ReplyDelete