In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Monday, June 27, 2016

A little revolution

July Fourth is a week away, but I'm rebelling just a little.

Last night, I started the third panel of the prework for the workshop coming up in less than two weeks.  In fact, I started a little bit of the fourth panel as well.


On the way home from work today,  I decided I could not face cross stitch over one tonight. I decided I could face cross stitch over two, so Sarah Williams is coming out to play for awhile.

It has occurred to me that I've spent most of the first half of this year doing prework. Don't get me wrong--I love the projects and  sign up for every workshop with the teachers who have created them that I can. However, if you've read this blog for any length of time, you will remember that I have severe Stitcher's ADD and tend to bounce around my projects like a BB in a boxcar.

I can only stand so much Diligence and Dedication before I snap.

I think I've snapped.

I am proud of myself in that I didn't snap before the fifth and final prework project, and I did get the minimum done that I need to do before it happened.

But if you notice that I'm stitching on something different every day for the next week or so--until I head to the workshops for which I've been preworking--don't be surprised.

2 comments:

  1. OMG a half of a year doing pre-work. I'd have snapped, oh, January 12th. You win my stick-to-it award.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm surprised I didn't cave on January 2! I most definitely have snapped now.

      Delete