In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Trudging to Victory

As predicted, it has taken me just about the entire retreat to finish this one relatively small bit of prework for a workshop taking place in less than two weeks. I have been calling it the Green Thing; one of the others in the class named it The Green Mile, and that may be a more accurate name.


I got the last stitches placed in the last few minutes of the last day of the retreat.

At one point during the week, I felt as if my head would explode if I did one more pea green stitch, so I managed to work the first line of the verse on Sarah Williams:


Most of this was cross stitch over one thread, and I'm not sure it was any more relaxing than the Green Thing.

However, just getting away, solely for the purpose of stitching with friends who get what you're talking about, is simply amazing and a wonderful way to spend one's time.

We have tentative dates for next year, and I've already pencilled them in on my calendar. Dearly Beloved has been warned.

And next year, maybe the other four projects I brought will see the light of day while I'm here.

1 comment:

  1. Sarah Williams is looking lovely. Is this a separate pattern or in a magazine like Sampler and Antique needle work? Happy Stitching.

    ReplyDelete