In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Sunday, March 6, 2016

Black lace . . .

Well, that's what it looks like to me . . .


I like this border stitch--a lot--and have been trying to think of a possible place to use it in the future.

Anyway, I made today's goal with time to spare, so I may do a little more while Downton is on for (sob) the last time.

I didn't give myself a big goal today because I wanted to go on a search and destroy mission in the stash room to find my old clip-on magnifiers.

I have been using one of those green headband things for awhile, mainly because I had small glasses frames that the clip-ons didn't fit very well. However, I have found over the last year or so that the headband would start to slip--I've been wondering if my head has been shrinking--the rest of me certainly has not.

Anyway, my stitching would go something like this:
  • take two stitches
  • push up magnifier
  • take two more stitches
  • push up magnifier
  • take three stitches
  • find that magnifier had slipped down and I was looking over the lens rather than through them
  • push up magnifier
  • take two more stitches
  • push up magnifier
This has most definitely cut down on my efficiency and irritated me no end. I have new glasses frames that are much larger than the previous ones, so I decided to see if I could locate the clip-ons and discover if they would fit.

I did and they do.

(I also found some more things in my stash that I want to pull out so they can see the light of day and I can get them stitched but that is a story for another day.)

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it amazing what we discover when we go through our "stash"! My stash happens to be boxes from the precipitous move after Hurricane Wilma. This past month I've discovered some real treasures!

    ReplyDelete