In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Thursday, December 3, 2015

The first day

Well, it's not quite over, but I've had my first day of classes at Annie's Needlework Seminar, which I still call Christmas in Williamsburg in my head.


And of course I didn't notice the reflection off the plastic when I took the picture--this is Joanne Harvey's Queen Stitch Needlecase. It was based on an antique calling card case. I suppose it could be used for business cards, but it's been sized up to work as a needlecase.

I love taking classes from Joanne, but she has pneumonia. Having suffered from that particular malady myself in the past, I know it takes awhile to recover, and her doctor forbade her to travel. Period. So we have a sub in the class.

After a quick run-through on the instructions, we spent most of the class watching a slide show of antique implements. There were some lovely pieces shown, and of course, made me want to finish-finish all the stuff in my finishing basket so I would have my own toys to play with.

I do love stitching toys . . .

And then there was a trip to the boutique . . .and that is a story for later. I need to think about getting ready for the banquet tonight, although I think my getting ready is going to consist of brushing my hair.

And maybe I'll  get a needle threaded tonight. I've been here for two days and have yet to take a stitch.

That's just weird.

1 comment: