In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Christmas Eve Eve

We were allowed to come home early from work today, which is the best thing that has happened in the last four or five days.

We have been beset by a series of domestic disasters. Everyone is (thus far) uninjured and relatively healthy, but let's just say that Dearly Beloved is getting four new tires for Christmas. I am getting a washing machine. Neither gift was planned prior to the last forty-eight hours.

And it's raining again.

And I can't see out of my new glasses.

Have I stitched? not much . . . this is it for the last five days:


I finally stitched in the flowers and leaves for the basket, and it was not without a struggle. If there was a way to miss a thread, I found it. I think I probably stitched enough stitches to do all the flowers three times over.

Now the plan is to scurry around and do the final dusting and de-cluttering for our Christmas get-together--which will happen on Boxing Day this year--so that I can bask in the light of the Christmas tree and breathe for the next couple of days. And possibly stitch.

And not think about tires and washing machines . . .

1 comment:

  1. Ann washing machines and cars don't know it's Christmas and you need both.
    Hope you enjoy your Boxing Day get together and all the festivities.

    ReplyDelete