In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Random Ramblings

It is very difficult to put a project away when you're having fun with it. These flowers were a delight to stitch.












And then there is the basket--One of my numerous great-aunts (I had about 18 of them, if you count the ones married to great-uncles) had a set of embroidered doilies on her dresser with this very basket on it.


Obviously it is not complete, but it was time for bed and I had to put it away.

Ellie is right about keeping interest high when you can only work on something one evening a week. I know I said that last week, but I can't believe how true it is.  I should. Ellie is a force of nature.

Tonight I go back to Morning Has Broken.

Tomorrow night is a dilemma because I have an ANG meeting. I'm looking forward to going to it since I had to miss meetings due to the recovery process (and the fact that I didn't want to face plant and drool in the middle of a meeting when I suddenly needed to nap). However, Journey will not get its evening.

So, do I push it back an evening or do I just skip it when I have guild meetings or do what I can in the approximately 15 minutes of free time I will have tomorrow night? Of course, if this is the most difficult decision I have to make, this is a good thing.

And there is another dilemma. ANG periodically offers cyberclasses, and they recently offered Dorothy Lesher's Dragonmaster. I went back and forth about signing up for it and was about to avoid temptation until Dearly Beloved caught sight of it. He thought it was a good thing to stitch--that is, a good thing for me to stitch.

I was planning to print out the lessons and bank this project for later. Then I found, like several other people in the group, that a picture is worth more than a thousand words, and a close-up photo of the first lesson is invaluable in understanding the directions. The problem is that it apparently cannot be printed out--I know, I tried everything from a screen shot to attempting to download and print to standing on my head and chanting.

So, it appears that I should be stitching on this while the visual aids are available. And, since it's worked on black Congress cloth, I need to work on it while I have daylight. I do not believe my employer would be thrilled if I worked on it in the office, so that means I have just assigned this to the week-end.

I was planning to spend week-ends in the 17th century. I was also planning to have only one canvas piece in the rotation at any given time. 

Flexibility is good.  So I'm reviewing my week-end list of potential projects to fit it all in.

Now if I could just quiet the Domesticity Demons who seem to think I should want to dust and vacuum and polish and swab and mop . . .

1 comment:

  1. I love your phrasing ' "Domesticity Demons". What a great way to put it!

    JHM

    ReplyDelete