In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Saturday, December 15, 2012

Solace in my needle

Like every one of us, I was horrified by the slaughter of so many innocent little ones who were alight with the joy of this time of year, a time of year when only good things should happen for children and their families.  Now those families will never have the same joy they had before.

And like every one of us, I cannot fathom why this is happening with ever increasing frequency, why these deeply disturbed young men's problems are ignored or denied, and why it seems to be so easy for them to procure guns and ammunition.

There are no words to describe the grief of the families and loved ones as well as their community, as well as the world community. We could only sit in disbelief, more than we have before because of the age of the children involved and the bravery of the adults who tried to save them . But as the sad scenes unfolded, as usual, I picked up my needle. I know that the pieces I have been working on will forever bring back the memories of this tragic time. And they should.

We should never forget.

1 comment:

  1. It is so extremely, extremely sad. It is just so wrong and sinful.

    ReplyDelete