In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Thursday, July 23, 2026

Ah-HA!!

Shout out to Sandra!

She found my flower--it's a bearded iris, and it comes in the colors Spot's stitcher used almost four centuries ago.

Mystery solved.

Here is the first row of motifs:

 I got all excited because two of the motifs on the next row are birds and a lot smaller than the floral motifs.

Then I looked at the other motifs on that row. Three of them are tent stitched flowers. Humongous tent stitched flowers. I mean, REALLY BIG tent stitched flowers.

Four year project, for sure.

Meanwhile, I started my current online class yesterday. It's a three-session class from RSN on needlelace. I have samples for two of the stitches started.

Don't laugh, this is more than I generally stitch in a class.

And I love the tutor already! Her name is Amy Burt, she is encouraging, she is definitely accustomed to online teaching so her demos are clear--and she's already provided tips and techniques that I didn't get in previous classes. I am chuffed! I'm even looking forward to doing my homework before the next class, and I've never looked forward to doing homework.

But now I need to shift loads of laundry.

I definitely never look forward to laundry.

No comments:

Post a Comment