You may have noticed that I'm blogging more lately than I have in quite awhile.
Part of it has to do with keeping a record of when I started something and when I worked on it and when (or if) it was finished. But the major reason is simple. If I'm going to blog, I need to stitch. Even if I only put in a thread or two, I'm stitching. And I want to winnow down the size of the stash, so I need to stitch daily.
The last few days, I've barely threaded a needle, but a needle has been threaded. I don't have much to show, but I do have a little, and here it is.
Last night was our local EGA chapter's meeting. I took All that Glitters because it is the ultimate fill-in project, and easy to do and still talk to people and ooh and aah over what they're doing. I got a little of the glitter done:
I believe that's going to be my evening stitching for a few days.
And then, today I had my RSN class on needlelace:
Really not much to see here at all!
As usual, I don't stitch much or well in class. And the three stitches we did today require a lot of care in terms of tension. And tension is my downfall when I'm doing needlelace. I am not a relaxed stitcher. There are those who would say I am not a relaxing stitcher to be around. (Dearly Beloved has been listening to my ranting and raving when I pull out the stitches on Carmen, which were quite firmly stitched to the linen.) In class, I'm so busy listening and trying to take notes and remembering what the teacher is talking about that I generally can't stitch at the same time.
So I have a lot to do before next week's last class. I'm going to take everything slowly and try to relax so I don't strangle the stitches.
No comments:
Post a Comment