Flowers and Berries is going into time out for a few days.
See all those lovely, dark blue berries, worked in spiral trellis?
They are supposed to be two-toned, dark blue on the outer edge, light blue on the inside.
I read the directions, which said to work the berries in both shades of blue. I read that to mean that all the berries weren't the same color, and that the colored outline on the chart indicated which berries were dark and which were light.
I was wrong.
I wanted to look at the next couple of bands to see what I would be doing, so I pulled out the color photocopy of the original sampler. That's when I learned of my mistake. Which took me all afternoon to stitch.
This is after finding the screw on one end of the scroll rod I'm using for Isabel Redie had stripped out, so the knob won't stay on--that was this morning's aggravation. Now, with two stitching mishaps, I believe I will read a book this evening and avoid sharp, pointy things.