In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Wednesday, November 1, 2023

I Got Hit On at the Cracker Barrel

This is not the beginning of a country western song.

I actually did get hit on at the Cracker Barrel.

BDE and I headed home yesterday in the cold and rain, quite a dramatic change from the 80 degree plus temps we had in Ocean City while we were there. We decided we wanted comfort food so we stopped at a Cracker Barrel in Virginia around lunchtime. We got warmed up, inside and out, and were heading out when I stopped to look at a Christmas display--you never know what you'll see at Cracker Barrel--and an older gentleman strolled up to me and complimented me on my gray hair.

Seriously?

He said he thought it looked distinguished and was almost silver in the overhead lights.

Seriously?

We chatted for a few minutes, then he asked if I lived in the area. Well, no, I replied. He was disappointed.

SERIOUSLY????

BDE and I beat a hasty retreat. I said I realized I got hit on. She admitted it had been a long time since she's felt like a third wheel. We were both bemused and amused, especially since the last few photos I've seen of myself have definitely looked like my resting bitch face--actually, my latest driver's license pic looks like a mug shot for a hardened criminal.

The guy must have been desperately lonely.

And now back to our regularly scheduled programming:

I've picked up Flowers & Berries, the Catherine Theron class I took about a month ago. I've finished the two bands I started in class, and started the third.


Catherine's designs are always fun to do, so I believe I will stick with this for a couple of days. I have three or four WIP's I'd like to finish by the end of the year, and this is one of them. And I'm thinking about my New Year's start or starts and what I want to accomplish in 2024. Once I decide,  you'll be the first to know.


 

3 comments:

  1. What fun to get a hit on you .
    I bet you felt good ha ha.
    Lovely stitching , you must finish this one .
    Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are too funny...take this as a compliment!!! So glad you had a good time..and weather...in OC.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had a wonderful time along with the weather in OCMD, Ann! The Berries piece is looking good. Oh my goodness, what a tale of being hit on. Maybe he likes the look of resting b**** face or hardened criminal. Those sentences made me chuckle! Happy November!

    ReplyDelete