In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Wednesday, July 19, 2023

Gather Ye Rosebuds While Ye May

 We have now been in the New Place for a week.

I have located the silverware, the box with the towels, and the toaster. Luckily, I had packed a box with enough of my everyday dishes to get by, because most of my everyday stuff is still MIA. I do, however, know where all the china and crystal are, so we can dine elegantly--or could, if the dining table weren't covered in boxes of books.

Basically, we're still camping out.

We have paths through every room.

I think we're both still recovering from the last couple of weeks, when things got down to the wire. In short, we're tired. So, we're taking our time to unpack. And we're giving ourselves leeway to get organized.

It will be awhile before we are ready to entertain.

However, I have stitched a bit, and the stitching on the needle roll for Jackie du Plessis' Gardenesque set is done.

I think I may be about halfway through with the pieces for this set. I'm almost afraid to look to see what's left to do.

And now it's time for some input.  I have been thinking that I'm in a new place, a new stage of my life, and maybe I should start all new projects to commemorate all this newness. In fact, I even made a list of the things I would like to do. And I'd really like to do that.

But I also have a lot of WIP's. Shouldn't I finish them first?

One of my online stitching groups is in the finish-what-you've-started camp. Another group thinks I could alternate a new project with an old one. I have realized that both groups are largely made up of monogamous stitchers, so that may be reflected in their opinions.

So, what do you, gentle readers, think?

4 comments:

  1. My advice? Do what makes you happy! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you would be happy with both, so maybe two WIPs and then a new start. I feel you on wanting to start new....but the guilt over the WIPs....but then again, it should be all fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I say go where your heart leads...be it old or new..and enjoy the journey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The needleroll is a beauty, Ann. I say go with what makes your heart sing.

    ReplyDelete