In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Friday, July 21, 2023

As Ye Sew, So Shall Ye Rip

 I sat down to stitch yesterday afternoon, and decided to finish the needlepage to go in the needleroll for Gardenesque. Easy stitch, I thought, since I've done this same vine or a variation of it on several other pieces in the set.

Not so fast.

I had to rip out almost all of the first vine because I made a mistake close to the beginning.

Then I had to rip out again. Actually, two more times, with the exact same mistake. That's just embarrassing.

Anyway, I finally got the first vine finished, then the second one stitched, and I've started the rosebuds.

I'd say, so far, so good, but why tempt fate?



2 comments: