In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Monday, April 3, 2023

The Moving Experience, Part 1

 If there is anyone still out there reading my blog--we are in the throes of moving.

We have found a place to live. We're leaving town--and all my friends and buddies and my stitching tribe, but I'm trying to avoid thinking about that--and moving closer to BDE.

BDE is thrilled. I had mentioned that I think I'm going to have one of our dining room tables set up as a workstation on a permanent basis. After all, I have reached the age where I no longer feel the need to impress anyone with my interior decor, and if I want to have a table with my current projects in the middle of the living room, by golly, I'm going to.

Her household has three cats and one of them is a thief who loves grabbing her stitching and running off with it. Consequently, I do believe that some of her projects will be on my worktable.

Anyway, we are sorting and purging and packing, so there has been very little time for stitching. I am woefully behind on my two online classes, but I've done a wee bit on Hold Dear.

I'm going to do my best to update the blog weekly, but it depends on whether I get stuck behind piles of boxes . . . 

8 comments:

  1. Oh Ann, your wee bit on Hold Dear looks fabulous. Moving (and the sorting, packing, and purging that goes with it) are stressful. Glad you have found a place to call home; that is one less thing to worry about. Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am still here , good luck with your move hugs June .

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't envy you the moving/packing part. We are doing the exact same thing except for my parents. It will be worth it in the end!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with your move, we did it after 22 years. It was awful. But so glad to be in new home. Your stitching is lovely. What is BDE?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BDE is Best Daughter Ever, and my companion in crime. Luckily she loves stitching as much as I do--well, maybe not as obsessively . . .

      Delete
  5. So I learned something new, on your blog if I want to use my google account I need to click on it before commenting. The anonymous BDE love it was me. Happy Easter

    ReplyDelete