In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Sunday, December 5, 2021

Two Turtledoves?

 We have had our Holiday Extravaganza! When you combine Thanksgiving, two December birthdays, and Christmas into one weekend, you have a lot of cooking and baking and eating. Then you have recovering from cooking and baking and eating.

It was all delightful. 

Despite two solid days in the kitchen, I was able to stitch just a little bit, and there are now two birds on the bottom of the Rebecah French sampler.


Tomorrow, I think I'll finish the Tudor project, and then start doing some assembly. I also have to bake cookies to take to Mother on Friday. The Saint informed me that cookies would be better than cupcakes because of the icing factor. I didn't ask for details on what the "icing factor" means, but I have a dreadful feeling I know.

3 comments:

  1. Ann, your progress is beautiful! Also, would you mind saying how long your Martha Edlin took you to stitch? (I’m about to get back to mine at the beginning of 2022 so knee deep in planning Etc. What fun!). Thanks! And thanks so much for your progress photos! They are such an inspiration and I refer to them often. Joanne, New Zealand

    ReplyDelete
  2. More great progress .
    Sounds like you had a fun weekend .
    We were out all weekend and again this morning so don't feel we have had a rest this week.
    Have a fun week hugs June.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ann, Rebekah is absolutely beautiful! You're doing a fantastic job.

    ReplyDelete