In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Tuesday, June 8, 2021

Pretty colors

 I took a day off from finishing and worked on the Stitcher's Envelope yesterday.


I do love these colors to the point that I am tempted to continued working on this today. I'm trying to stick to the plan and work on the next-to-last piece for Ode, but this is really calling my name.

And that's despite having to use a laying tool to keep the two strands of silk lying next to each other rather than twisting around. I was railroading, but they weren't cooperating. The laying tool seemed to work better.

Maybe I'll flip a coin to make the decision. Or maybe I'll work on something totally different. 

Or maybe I'll take a nap. We had to get up early to take a car for an oil change and maintenance, It's also a cloudy, gloomy day with the prospect of thunderstorms in the afternoon, so I have a good reason to need a nap and a good day to take one.

Maybe I'll flip a coin to decide if it's napping or stitching, then another coin for which project to work on. Or maybe I'll nap, then finish, then stitch. I have options. I love being retired.

5 comments:

  1. I say work on what brings you happiness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Decision paralysis! I sure know about that lately. I decided to stitch my parents a sampler for Christmas, I figure if I start now and work on it exclusively I can have it done in time. Problem is, I can't decide on which one to stitch. I've spent many days sorting through charts, pulling linen and threads and I'm no closer to figuring it out. I agree with Robin, stitch what brings you happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your needle work is looking lovely .
    Nap then stitch ,that's what I would do.
    Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Ann, I'm so happy you're retired and able to "flip a coin" all day long if and whenever you like. You deserve the opportunity!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love love your bargello stitching. Retirement....hopefully early next year for me. So happy for you.

    ReplyDelete