In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Sunday, April 4, 2021

Happy Easter!

 It is a beautiful day, despite the usual Easter cold snap, and there are things starting to bud and bloom.

I didn't have anything that was exactly Easter-ish to show, but then I looked at the current project. It definitely has spring-like colors.


I'm still working on the Needlewoman's Work Tray, and I may just get the stitching done today. You would think, with a three-day week-end, I'd have more to show, but I had company coming.

Baby Girl was our honored guest yesterday, so there was cooking and feasting to plan. Plus, she was bringing me my new phone (she is my tech expert, and we're on the same phone plan, so the phones were delivered to her and she got to figure them out so she could explain the differences between my old phone and the new one to me).

And the kit I had ordered for her from Inspirations came so she wanted to pick it up. It's the Virgin Queen etui that Betsy Morgan designed. I took the class from Betsy awhile back, and mine is stitched and assembled.

Speaking of Betsy Morgan, her new book is available for pre-order from Inspirations. Baby Girl and I viewed the contents on the Inspirations site, and she has four projects she wants to do, and I have three. This will give us even more projects for our Stitch-Alongs.

We have been having fun stitching projects together. Egging each other on really helps to get things done. We are going to digress for a bit, though. She wants to work on the Virgin Queen and I want to do the projects for Gardenesque, another Jackie class I took pre-Covid. And I want to get back to my finishing week-ends. As much as I don't love finishing, I do love having projects finished.

And then I have plans for the stitching I want to do when I retire--in two more months--I am not counting the days quite yet, but I'm getting close to that. All day to stitch in daylight, seven days a week, at the brightest time of the year. I can't wait!



2 comments: