I started working on the three pieces of the Golden Acorn set of smalls this afternoon. The first bit involves a little embellishment of the base tent stitch designs.
There are bullions on the acorn:
The centers of the pansy and carnation are worked in spiral trellis, but there was only enough room to do two rounds, so didn't think it was enough to bother with a photo.
And that got me sidetracked. No matter how many times I've done spiral trellis--and I've stitched a couple of pieces that each have at least forty bazillion spiral trellises--I can never remember exactly how to point the needle and which thread goes over and which goes under it. Apparently the experience is so traumatic I repress all memories of it.
Anyway, as long as I had the diagram out, I decided to pull out the sweet bag I was working on earlier in the year and get the center of the main flower spiral trellised. I realized I didn't have quite enough thread to work it in the color it was supposed to use, so I subbed for another shade that had plenty, but I don't think it made a lot of difference. Anyway, the main design is now finished.
And I could begin putting it together, and I have thought seriously about that.
However, I think I want to continue with the smalls and get them stitched and assembled while I have lovely long days to do both.