In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Monday, September 28, 2020

A Finish!

 On the first day of my stay-cation, a finish!

All the gold and silver threadwork have been added to the Petite Pin Cushion--and I've put it together!

There was a twisted gold thread in the kit that could be used as additional cording for the pin cushion, but its shade of gold and the gold thread in the stitching were from different families of gold. It just didn't work for me, so I made the executive decision to leave it off. There's already a lot packed into a teeny little cushion--it's little over 2 inches square--so I stopped.

And what next, you may ask? Probably this:

I did all the tent stitch months ago. All the blank spots need to have gold and silver thread added, plus there are some silk embellishments that will be added as well. I do not believe this will be finished in a day. Or maybe several days.

These projects came from the Goldwork online class that Tricia Nguyen offered. I finished the spot sampler a couple of years ago and the Tudor Pincushion earlier this year. I still have two projects from the class, this set of smalls and a band sampler.

The band sampler is the only part I haven't started, and I've been thinking about getting it on a scroll frame. On the other hand, I have some other pieces that are almost finished and there is the Basket Of Unfinished Objects full of things that need to be assembled. On the top of that basket are all the bits for Jackie du Plessis' Ode to Jane Austen, and I really want that assembled before the end of the year.

I believe I have enough to keep me out of trouble for the rest of the week. Or quite probably, the rest of the year.

2 comments:

  1. Love the little pillow .
    Also look forward to seeing your new stitch .
    Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're off to a great start--enjoy your stay-cation!!!

    ReplyDelete