In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Thursday, August 1, 2019

Why I should not stitch when I'm tired

Look at this picture closely.


If you look very closely, you'll see a row of tiny eyelets on the piece on the left. This will be the front of the scissors case that goes with Pineapple Perfection.

Then, if you look at the bottom of the piece on the right, you'll see more teeny little eyelets. They aren't supposed to be there. This is the back of the scissors case. They are supposed to be on the bottom of the front of the scissors case.

How I managed to make this epic goof is beyond me.

I will admit I was very tired last night.

And why was I so tired?

We traveled to Wild and Wonderful West Virginia last Friday to visit The Wild and Wonderful Flash. It was a tiring trip through the mountains--we had to deal with the Friday afternoon "lake traffic" before we even made it out of our home county--then it took a solid hour to go from the Virginia/West Virginia border to the town of Princeton. Princeton is nine miles from the border. We do not know why there was so much slowly moving congestion. By the time we finally arrived at our destination, it was almost 8 o'clock and we hadn't had dinner--so we grabbed a bite to eat, then visited until almost midnight. And then were up and out the next morning. And spent most of the day with The Flash and his parental units. And then drove home on Sunday.

The Flash is currently constructing a Lego city that is about the size and density of Manhattan. To accompany it, he is writing and illustrating a comic book about the citizens of this city. There is a hero, and a villain. Apparently by the third comic book in the series, the villain becomes reformed.

We generally live a quiet life and this much excitement is more than we usually have in a month. Dearly Beloved, who is retired, has had all week to recuperate (not that you can tell the recuperation from his regular schedule in retirement). I had to go back to work on Monday. And it's been a busy week.

So, I am tired. Very tired. And I have decided that tonight I'm not even going to try to thread a needle, much less cut out eyelets that are in the wrong place.

I'm just going to sit in my corner and stare into space until bedtime.  Which may be any minute now.

3 comments:

  1. Oh Ann sorry about your stitching .
    Tomorrow is another day , I find if things are not going right I stop and start again another day.
    Hope you enjoyed your time away anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Flash sounds quite creative..what a fun idea! Hope you can get some R&R this weekend and attack that project with a clear mind!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Flash sounds like a very creative young man! Hope the return trip home was not as traffic heavy as the drive there. Wishing you a relaxing weekend!

    ReplyDelete