In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Sunday, August 11, 2019

Painting myself into a corner

On one of my last posts, I mentioned that I was trying a new method to get some started projects to the finish line. I wrote what I wanted to do on each project on a slip of paper and had Dearly Beloved pull it out of bag.

I did not realize that he was going to assume responsibility for making sure I did what I had written on the slips of paper.

For Pineapple Perfection, I had written, "Finish embroidery for Pineapple Perfection and put the set together."

Well, I got it embroidered but I wasn't feeling the love for finish-finishing because I never feel the love for finish-finishing. I was thinking I could just mark out the first part of the order and put the slip back in the bag. 

Oh, no, this would not do.  Dearly Beloved was adamant that I should do everything on the slip before I pulled another one. And, he was right. The whole reason for this was to get some things finished, done, completed, and out of the workbasket.

So this is the result:


And I am very happy with the whole thing.

As always, the finish-finishing took much longer than I had anticipated. And the whole time, my stitcher's ADD was screaming for some alternatives when I just didn't feel like sewing bits and pieces together.

So I made a deal with the devil Dearly Beloved.   This time I could pull out four slips. And as soon as I finish something on one of the slips, I can pull another. And I can alternate among those four slips.

So the next projects on my to-do list are:
  • assemble Cherry Berry
  • finish the tent stitch sections of the Golden Accessories
  • stitch and assemble Tsubaki (I have got to remember if I ever do this again to put stitching and finish-finishing on separate slips!)
  • stitch a band on Hannah Thornbush (at least I had sense enough NOT to write finish Hannah Thornbush)
So, onward and upward. 

6 comments:

  1. Guess you better watch what you write and say to hubby. But I do love the finish. Beautiful Good job. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful finish Ann..nice to have hubby "cheering" you on!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Pineapple Perfection is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Pineapple IS Perfection! Beautiful work. Now aren't you glad you persevered?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pineapple Perfection is gorgeous. I am glad you persevered and got it finished.

    ReplyDelete