In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Friday, August 16, 2019

Another Slip

Well, I got the rest of the tent stitch for the Golden Accessories done:


The blank spots will have small gold work motifs worked into them, and then they will be assembled into another set of smalls. That is on another slip of paper in my projects-to-be-finished bag. This means that I am not getting something out of the workbasket but putting it back.

There seems to be a problem with my logic on this, but I'm not going to argue with myself about the way I wrote the projects down. What may cause problems is if I pull out a slip that tells me to finish-finish something that hasn't had the embroidery completed. I believe Dearly Beloved will allow me to draw another slip in that case.

At least, if he knows what's good for him, he will.

Yes, it's been a long, difficult week, and I'm a little cranky.

Anyway, that meant I got to pull out another slip so I would have four projects to work on, and Betsy Morgan's Swan Bower was the choice.


I took this class last year at Salty Yarns, and finished one of the accessories in class. I started the outlining for the fob in hand after the class was over, but decided I wanted to put it on scroll bars to do the rest of the stitching.

And didn't have a scroll frame free at the time. And I was absolutely not going to take an unfinished project off the right size bars to start another project. It takes me forever to sew things to the bars to my satisfaction ( due to that first-born girl-child perfectionist thing, plus classes with Joanne Harvey) so once something is attached, it stays attached until the project is done.

Do not ask how many things are on scroll bars all over my house. Just don't. Because I don't know. And I don't want to.

See, still cranky.

Anyway, this was one of those slips that said both stitching and finish-finishing, so you may be seeing this one for awhile.

And since I love Betsy Morgan's projects, that's fine with me.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with all your stitching. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I have far to many projects on the go , my hubby gave up saying how many do you need !
    Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete