In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Friday, September 2, 2016

Strawberry Fields . . . again

I left the 17th century and jumped into the 19th with Ann Wheatley.

Ann has a strawberry border. Didn't I just stitch a strawberry border on Sarah Williams? What is it with 19th century girls and their strawberry borders?


Actually I suspect that the soft brown on this sampler was a bright pink or red on the original sampler, before time faded it away. And it appears that little girls have always loved pink and red, the brighter the better.

I'm having to get used to working over two threads instead of three, and just crossing my stitches once instead of multiple times to get a reversible pattern. However, it's all coming back!

It appears that I started working on Ann Wheatley in 2011, the same year I started Mary Atwood. In that same year, I started another sampler, Rebekah French. I got all of them to their middles and either ran into a problem or got distracted and did something else. Well, Mary Atwood is finished, and Ann Wheatley is back on the frame stand. I may look for Rebekah in the stash and bring her downstairs, too. Wouldn't it be a hoot to finish them all this year?

Or have I completely lost my mind to think I could get all this done by the end of the year . . .

2 comments:

  1. At the rate you've been stitching lately, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see both Ann and Rebekah before New Year's! The strawberry borders are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've been on quite a roll lately, so I think you could finish both this year. It would be worth a try, lol!

    ReplyDelete