In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Friday, September 16, 2016

Oh, Fudge . . .

This is where I was when Ann Wheatley almost became the world's most elegant dust rag.


I started stitching this sampler in 2011. Apparently I miscounted the very beginning of the border on the left side. I discovered this fact last night. That may be why I put it down in 2011 and didn't pick it up until now. I had to have time to repress the memory.

To fix it, I would have to rip out almost all of the border on the left side, two motifs in the upper left corner, and the cartouche on the left side.  This is when I considered turning it into a dust rag.

Life is too short.

I have studied the chart and figured I could fiddle and finagle and get the borders to line up anyway. So, as Edy suggested in the comments on the last posting, I am now stitching an adaptation of Ann Wheatley instead of a reproduction.

5 comments:

  1. Let's hear it for adaptations! Glad to hear you're NOT going to be ripping that border out. And figuring a way to make it work has stretched your creative muscle, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'll go with the stretching the creative muscle thing. Not the sheer laziness thing.

      Delete
  2. Woo hoo! Glad you're stitching on and adapting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm having difficulty seeing the error so I woould definitely agree on an adaptation.

    ReplyDelete