In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Saturday, January 9, 2016

Progress Report

And there was much rejoicing! Last night I finished the band that gave me brain cramps on Mary Atwood!


Once I figured out the logic of the stitches, it went pretty smoothly.

Then I counted down and got the next dividing band worked so I will have the parameters for the next reversible band.

And hence comes the dilemma. This was supposed to be my alternate for Eve's background. Eve's background is glorious and beautiful, but it is deadly dull and boring to stitch. To recap, I wanted to find a project to alternate with Eve--that would get Eve's background worked and give me something else to enjoy stitching.

But now I'm really into working on Mary, and poor Eve is in imminent danger of being abandoned again.

I must show fortitude and think about how glorious and beautiful Eve's background will be, and how much fun I will have with Eve once her background is stitched.

Yeah, let's see if that works.

2 comments:

  1. My suggestion is to do 1(one) strand on Eve and then go back to Mary. You may find yourself doing more than one, but you won't feel guilty about stopping at just one. Try it--it's a method that I have used with success.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fortitude...yes I too need that to finish a couple of things round here. All the best with Eve and Mary !

    ReplyDelete