In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Wednesday, May 1, 2024

The lovely month of May

Awhile back, May not only signaled the real beginning of spring, it also set off Maynia in the blogging world.  Some people actually started a new project on every day in May. I didn't go down that primrose path because I already have enough UFO's and WIP's, but I do miss seeing what other people are up to.

And, since my wrist has decided to flare up again, just when I though it was improving, I am letting it rest today, which means I couldn't start anything new if I wanted to.

What I have been doing is printing out class info on three different online classes I signed up for.

There is the Hummingbird in Silk & Gold that I'm taking from Lizzie Pye through EGA.

There is Lady Anne's Pyn Pillow from Katie Strachan.

And there is Puffed Silkes, a class from Rachael Kinnison that teaches how to furnish and complete the interior of a box in 17th century fashion.

I am not actively working on any of the three at the moment, but if you don't grab the chance for projects with limited availability when they're offered, you may never have the opportunity. So, I am printing and watching accompanying videos and keeping my wrist braced and elevated and chilled so I can get back to using a threaded needle instead of gazing longingly at it.

3 comments:

  1. I hope your wrist heals quickly so you can work on your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your wrist starts to behave itself and you can get crackin' on all these lovely projects!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope the wrist is feeling better, Ann. Well done on printing off instructions and watching the associated videos.

    ReplyDelete